I’m not going to lie I have like three blog posts worth of pictures on my computer. I actually made these about three weeks ago and they’re currently sitting in my freezer waiting to be eaten.
One day I’m going to sit down and do an actual freezer meal post. Until then I’ll post random freezer meals here and there. This one is fairly quick, healthy, and super easy. You can’t really mess this up AND it’s kind of impressive to think that you made something so healthy and quick!
I can’t take all the credit for this recipe though. I didn’t actually come up with it. I’ve been following this awesome guy on Instagram and YouTube who makes extremely healthy, affordable meals. Go check him out, you’ll be a lifelong follower!
You can find his version of the recipe here. I added a few different things to mine and left some stuff out. For instance this recipe calls for red onions and bell pepper, I only added about half of what was called for since my husband isn’t a huge fan of either. Also, I used regular pasta versus quinoa pasta. It’s what I had on hand and I’m not so sure I’m ready to make the jump! Haha
Turkey and Zucchini Pasta Bakes
32 oz lean ground turkey
8 oz pasta(I used penne noodles)
5/8 C. mozzarella cheese
1/2 C. red onion, chopped
2 C. zucchini, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, I used on the vine
1 C. chicken broth
2 6-oz cans tomato paste
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a large skillet, brown turkey.
2. Add in chopped zucchini and cook for around 2-3 mins. If your using onion and bell pepper you can add that now as well.
3. Add in tomato paste and mix thoroughly
4. Gradually add in chicken broth until completely combine, then add in chopped tomatoes.
5. Add in uncooked pasta and let mixture simmer for around 8-10 mins. If your skillet isn’t large enough to add the pasta in you can cook the pasta and add it to the loaf pans and spoon the mixture over the top.
6. Spoon mixture into 5 mini loaf pans and cook at 375F for 20 mins.
7. Top each one with 1/8 cup of cheese, I used cheddar at the time because that’s what I always have on hand. Cover with foil and freeze! When ready to eat just thaw them over night in the fridge and bake in the oven again at 375F for 20 mins!
Broughton and Arrow