If you’ve been a reader of my blog you might have noticed I don’t typically like using a lot of prepackaged products. I find it cheaper and better for you to make things homemade.
For about the past month, my husband and I have been waking up at 4:30 every morning to hit the gym by 6:00. Ask anyone and they will tell you I am NOT a morning person so this was really hard for me. Another issue for me is I love snack foods. Chips, cookies, candy, you name it. So I started browsing around online on Pinterest to get ideas for snacks. I came across this recipe for Honey Vanilla Granola. I’ve always wanted to make homemade granola but never could find an easy enough recipe. I came across this one and had to try it!
Honey Vanilla Granola
4 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 T vegetable oil(I used canola)
Pinch of Salt
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 300 F
2. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Measure out oats in a large bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, mix together honey, vanilla, salt, and vegetable oil. Stir and heat on low until warm.
5. Pour honey mixture over oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Add egg white and stir.
7. Spread mixture on cookie sheet. Bake for around 20-45 minutes. I stirred it around every 10 minutes until it started to turn golden brown. Store in an airtight container!